I hope you had a great Easter and all is well with you.
As you know, I have been going through the A to Z of Success and looking at one letter each week.
Last week’s Thought for the Week was “H is for Heart” and I hope you found that thought-provoking.
This week’s thought for the week is all about “I for INSIRATION” …
There is no one right way to get inspiration. It is deeply personal and derives from what is important to and what drives you.
But no matter where you find it, it is often an integral part of what keeps you going when times get tough.
For me, my inspiration comes from seeing transformation happen.
Most of my inspired action gets generated, not when I’m in front of my laptop or networking, it shows up when I’m working with my clients, out for a walk, gardening or even ironing!
It is the small, quiet whisper that floats through my mind. It is unconditionally, an easier, better, quicker way to get the results I want.
It is also, unconditionally, an out-of-the-box approach that I wouldn’t have considered while strategizing in front of my laptop. Out-of-the-box thinking generates success for an entrepreneur.
So, I researched this topic and these are just a few of the things that inspire some of the World’s most successful business owners …
“Being around passionate people. They are always contagious for me and they get my juices going. And they come from all walks of life, not just famous artists or musicians”.
“I am inspired by the fact that every day is a new day. I really think that there is an opportunity in every day, especially when you’re building a business. You never know what is going to come, and I get really excited when I wake up”.
“Get people to think bigger and shoot for these outlandish feats that are good for humanity. Having people thinking about ideas that are audacious is a good thing to spur people on. I’m not shooting to land people on Mars, but it’s good for people in general”.
“I’m really inspired by the possibility of change and how to seize that. I believe those things start with a combination of proving something is possible, telling the right people about it and then pick up the torch and carry on from there. The right way to think about it is planting the seeds of what is possible and enabling a lot of people to go after it”.
“Making change and empowering people. I’m a big believer in the power of one – that one person, one action, can have a ripple effect that can make a difference”.
“The fact that change is possible. If we look back at what’s been achieved in the face of incredible odds, it’s amazing. Compared to that, whatever problems I face seem extremely solvable”.
“When we can travel, you not only encounter so many different cultures and ways of life, but you also meet so many new and interesting people who can teach you completely unexpected life lessons and be the inspiration for your next great idea. I’ve often come back from a trip with a completely fresh perspective on my business, and it helps me ensure we’re always innovating and being creative”.
“Courage is something that drives me and inspires me when I see that in people”.
“Capital isn’t that important in business. Experience isn’t that important. You can get both of these things. What is important is ideas.”
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” -Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple and Pixar-
What inspires you?
We all feel uninspired at times. The good news is that it’s a natural part of the creative process and something everyone struggles with.
The next time you’re stuck in a rut, here are some things you can do to get inspired …
- Change your environment – get out of the office or house and go somewhere new. A new environment can spark inspiration by giving you a new way of looking at things.
- Learn something new – Get outside the boundaries of your own knowledge to learn something new. E.g., a new language, how to paint etc.
- Jot down ideas when they come – they may bot inspire you in that moment but they may later.
- Research what others in your field are doing – this can be a great source of inspiration when you are low on ideas. It’s not about copying them;it will spark your own ideas.
- Listen to a new genre of music – seek out music that’s different and try it out.
- Try mediating – just sitting quietly in a chair and focus on your breathing. Our busy lives can sometimes leave us so frantic that it can be difficult to get inspired. By taking the time out to meditate, you’ll give your brain a chance to refresh.
- Give yourself the gift of time – don’t rush yourself and even give yourself a day to do whatever comes to you. You might be surprised at the inspiration that comes to you when you least expect it!
- Read an inspiring blog post or listen to a podcast – There’s nothing like a few powerful words to spark your inspiration.
- Go beyond your comfort zone – It’s easy to get stuck in a routine. Try something you’ve never done before that pushes you out of your comfort zone. By breaking the routine of your daily life, you’ll encourage the flow of ideas.
- Watch an inspiring TED Talk – There are so many inspiring TED talks just waiting to be watched. From science to art, history to technology, whatever your creative thing is, there is a TED talk to inspire you.
- Start before the Inspiration Strikes – sometimes to get inspired, we just need to start! Take initiative and inspired action!
Here’s a quote to end on …
“I had to make my own living and my own opportunity! But I made it! Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them!”
-Madam C.J. Walker, creator of beauty products and the first female self-made millionaire
I hope this has been useful and thank you for reading to the end!
If you would like my help with this then I invite you to book your FREE CLARITY SESSION with me HERE.
Have a great week!
With very best wishes for your success.